Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Good Deed Layout!

Hello and Good morning!!!
I made this layout for the cricut circle weekly challenge! We had to use animals, 2 cricut cuts and animal print paper! Now, the animal print paper is where I had a challenge in itself! I went to 3 different stores and couldn't find anything. I ran to Joanns today and no animal paper so I resorted to fabric. I found the cutest fabric to incorporate into my layout and a cute little puppy print stamp!

Here it is:

I used CAC for the puppy and the kitty, Printing Press for the title, Mickey Font for the dog bone and George for the hearts. I added a paw print stamp on the background, I stitched around the page and I added that adorable paw print fabric by pleating it and adding ribbon and stitching it right onto the page. The dog bone above the picture is a pull out tag with journaling. I used pop dots on the photos and the animals to add dimension and also added some diamond glaze on the animals noses and the dog tag.....just for fun!!!

Then I couldn't help myself! While I had the sewing machine running I thought I would make a cute little bag to hold dog bones for when my children visit their Aunt and Uncle and their dog who just adores them! I added some twine and a cute little dog bone tag!!

So here is the story on "Good Deed"......my Mother heard on the radio that a local animal shelter was in need of donations of food and blankets. We thought it would be a great thing for the kids to do, so we gathered up some old towels and blankets and we went to the store and bought dog food and bones and cat food and treats! My niece from NC was visiting and we had her for the day, so we used it as an opportunity for the kids to do a "good deed" over the weekend. They were so proud of themselves and had so much fun visiting with the kittens and the puppies! It was a wonderful experience for all of us and this will be a layout that I will cherish forever!

Have a wonderful day!

~Jeannine

3 comments:

  1. Jeannine how fabby dabby is that.. I LOVE IT.. Fun your kids are so sweet ..
    I miss ya I got your email and will email back this weekend.
    mwahhhh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Precious! I just love it!
    I'm now following you too!

    Big Cricky Hugs,
    K Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute blog and project! I'm a new follower :)

    HUGS !
    Alex'
    http://www.youhadmeatcraft.com/

    ReplyDelete