Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Cute Country Girl!!

I have finally made another layout....it has been too long...lol!! I have been making cards alot lately, so it was nice to do a layout. This was made for the cricut circle blog challenge...we followed a sketch and this is what I came up with!
I have had the pictures and the title laying on my desk for a while and when I saw the sketch, I knew it was time to scrap them!  The scallop background was cut from the Elegant Edges cartridge which I absolutely love!!  I made the denim flower on the layout with a strip of my DH's jeans....I frayed the edges by pulling the threads out and then gathered the inner side with thread to form the flower. The brad is an i top using the same background paper. You will notice the hair clips in my DD's hair...the same denim flower!  
The title was cut from Country Life cartridge and the boots I made myself....before I owned the Old West Cartridge, but I thought they turned out so cute that I chose to use them.  I used Paisley and cut the rain boots and then welded a rectangle to the top to form the boot loop. I embossed them and inked them!
The butterfly border was cut using the Elegant Edges and I welded two borders together and stretched them on my Gypsy....I used pop dots to raise the top layer from the bottom layer. 
I think that about does it.....oh, I also added some stitching to the layout around the border just for more texture!
Ok, well, I am off to make some dinner....have a great night!!
~Jeannine

3 comments:

  1. I love this layout... I really need to do some layouts LOL I mostly do cards.
    Have a great night.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great layout...love all the details! Those pink boots turned out awesome...smart thinking there! Your little cowgirl is cute too!

    ReplyDelete