Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Hello again! 
Last Sunday my not so little "little boy" turned 12...I can't believe it!  It was the fastest 12 years of my life.  We had a little family party for him with lunch and cake.  We all had a great time!  I say it every year, but I wish I had more time to craft different things for his party...like I wish I had made a banner or napkin wraps or even invitations for that matter, but with school starting and homework being done, time just escapes me.  Plus my son didn't have a particular theme for his party, so we just kept it to his favorite patriotic colors of red, white and blue.  I had a great time making his cake...it has been quite a while since I made one, but I think it turned out great!  It was yellow cake with 1/2 strawberry and 1/2 chocolate pudding with buttercream frosting....yummy!!

  I also made some straws with mustaches and the goody bags had a mustach as well.  For the straws, I used red and white striped paper straws and a mustache punch and just adhered them with a glue dot.  I decorated a mason jar with some patterened paper and tied some bakers twin on the rim with a tag that I printed and cut using the silhouette cameo.  The mustache was the same punch and the sentiment was stamped and cut into a banner shape and adhered with pop dots.  I think it was such a fun touch to add to the table and the kids all loved them.



The goody bags were just paper ones and I cut different coordinating pattern paper and used the silhouette cameo to cut the mustaches....I used 2 different ones from the file.  The file # for the mustaches is item # 42306 mustache mania. I  sized them to fit the front of the bag. Like I said, I wish I had more time to carry out the mustache theme, but I was lucky I got that done with making all the food and desserts!  But I'm glad I did what I did because it turned out so cute!
I am entering the mason jar project in a challenge at CARDZTV.blogspot.com.  The challenge is cardztv go-to galz linky party challenge #4, "Jars, Jams & Jellies".  We had to use a mason jar...it could be a die cut, stamped image or an acutal jar...I chose to decorate a jar!  I had so much fun with this challenge and I just love Mary's stamp sets...I recently ordered a cute halloween set that I can't wait to play with!   Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment