Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Gobble Gobble!!

Happy Thanksgiving!! I hope you all have a blessed day with family and friends!!

I am thankful for so many things that I wouldn't want to bore you with, so I will just say this: I am truly thankful for a supportive, caring and loving husband who is my best friend, my beautiful children who are healthy and bring joy to my life every day, having a hobby that brings myself and my family joy........and might I add, my Mom for cooking this Thanksgiving...lol!!!!

I want to share with you my creations for today....not only did I make the sparkling cider look pretty, but I also made a cornucopia and decorated a pie!! Thanks to the cricut circle blog for sharing such wonderful creations that we (I) can scraplift!!!
Here is a pumpkin pie that i decorated:

I bought the pie and used pie crust for the pumpkins and leaves....I used MS seasonal for the pumpkin and DC for the leaves!
Might I add that I have not been successful with the cake machine up until this point....I was feeling a bit guilty that I bought it, couldn't get it to cut and didn't have the patience to figure it out. Well, today all of those thoughts disappeared....I am in love!!! Yes, it is a lot of work, but so well worth it....I even got the whole family to pitch in willingly. They cut, colored and sugared!!! I am truly blessed!!

Here is the cornucopia!


Well, it was fairly easy to do, but I had a problem getting the foil out of the cornucopia, so it is still in there....lol!!! I didn't want to destroy such a beautiful creation....we will just eat around the foil....lol!!! I had so much fun with this project, thanks to Kristen from the CC blog! I used vines, pumpkins and leaves, colored them with wilton cake colors and sprinkled with chunky sugar! My family loved helping with this and we were all so proud of our beautiful creation! Can't wait for my Mom and Dad to see it tomorrow.....and even more..dig into it, yummy!!!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!



1 comment: