Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Colorful Hugs!

Good morning!
I am enjoying the newest class at online classes.com called "stretch your stamps 2"!  There are great instructors and great techniques! 
Here are the two cards from the first days assignment....



Both of these cards were made from one watercolored background! How cool is that!  I love a two for card! 
I white heat embossed a Hero Arts stamp called "Square Pattern"....it's probably an older stamp as I got it a CKC for only $5! But I thought it was a great stamp to use.  I embossed it in white on watercolor paper. I didn't get a super crisp image but I think it turned out "useable".  I did it in rainbow order. Then I used a SSS large "hugs" die and cut it out near the bottom left corner...I got a little too close to the corner. I then trimmed the card base. 
For the first card I used the positive hugs cut and adhered it to black card stock with an extra strip at the bottom.  I used glossy accents on the sentiment and adhered the card to a yellow card base. 

For the second card I used the negative space and adhered that to a black background and then onto a white card base.  I thought it needed something else. I cut the speech bubble from a SSS die and cut it in black and white. I trmed a white frame and glued it to the black piece.  I embossed the sentiment in white  (from a SSS set) and used foam tape to adhere to the front of the card! 

I love how both cards turned out with the pop of black and the fact that I got two cards out of it was even better! 
Ok, so we are on day 3 of class and I only got the two cards done, but I'm spending the afternoon with the kids outside!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment