Sunday, August 3, 2014

Meant To Sparkle!

Hello!  I have been MIA for a while!  I was busy with all of the kids end of the school year events and then my Gram got sick.  I was living with her taking care of her while juggling my kids around my husbands work schedule.  Then a couple of weeks ago my Gram passed away.  We were very close and had been all my life.  I will miss her terribly.
So, I am just trying to get back into crafting to keep myself occupied! 

I made this card for the MFT sketch challenge.....

MFTWSC187

A closer look at the embossing....


I started this card with the background....I cut 1/4" strips of paper using the SSS Sweet treats paper pack and adhered the strips to a piece of computer paper on a diagonal and then used the MFT Blueprints 14 large stitched square and cut it. I adhered that to a grey card base.  I cut the rounded corner square from vellum and used the sequins stamps from the MFT "You were meant to sparkle" stamp set and embossed them using Ranger liquid platinum embossing powder. I used the scallop border from the same blueprints set and adhered it behind the vellum.  I cut a banner shape from grey and doll pink and punched two holes and tied with bakers twine.  I embossed the sentiments with white embossing powder and liquid platinum. I adhered the banner to the vellum and then adhered that with foam tape to the striped background.
I love working with a sketch...it gives me a starting point but also allows me to add creative touches.  I love how easy the MFT blueprints are to form cards!

Thanks for stopping by today!  I will be back later with a card that my daughter created yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment