Tuesday, April 22, 2014

So Proud of You card!

Hi there!
Another post for tonight! I finished up this card for the MFT sketch challenge this week!  I was so glad to be able to use some new MFT goodies in this and some new things I got like the Platinum embossing powder by Ranger and the Cuttlebug Baby's Breath embossing folder! 

Here you can maybe see some of the texture and shine from the translucent embossing paste.

I used the "on the diagonal" stencil with translucent embossing paste ( great texture and shine) I used the blueprints 14 pierced circle border on the flag shape. I embossed the darker purple piece and I used the oval scallop Nestabilities for the oval and embossed the sentiment (from MFT "Happy Graduation") using platinum silver (same for the center if the daisy)! I also used the new (free with $60) Gerber daisy die, oh and before I forget the card stock is used is MFT Spearmint, Grapesicle, Grape jelly and Sweet Tooth. 
I stepped outside the box on this card and used purple (almost never do, but live the names if the purples!) I thought the mint and silver would be nice additions to the purples! 
Thanks for stopping by and have a great night!

*** edited to add: it is 5:49 here and I just realized I missed the noon deadline to post the card****** but that's ok because I had fun making it and that's what counts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment