Thursday, April 24, 2014

A Bright Future!

Good morning!
My daughter is moving up from 4th grade and going into the middle school (5th grade) in a couple months! She insists that it is a graduation and wants to have a graduation party! Sounds good to me! She has worked super hard and is so ready to move on!
So this card is for her "graduation"!



I started by using this weeks sketch from MFT!
I used a white 110lb card base A2 size and the new MFT "star background" stamp to gold emboss the stars.  The gold detail powder that I have is not really a true gold more of a muted gold, so I was a little disappointed, as I wanted a shiny gold, but it's ok!  I stamped the large sentiment (MFT "happy graduation")  and also hold embossed it. I adhered two thin strips of SSS doll pink cardstock on the top and bottom of the sentiment panel and adhered a 1 inch flag banner behind it using SSS mint card stock. 
The star was a left over star from the new SSS release and is the "star parade" die. I also hold embossed it.  I added some gold thread and then used foam tape to raise the star!
For the inside I gold embossed another sentiment from the same graduation stamp set and added some pink stars using the same color card stock and the star parade die!
I had to take the pics in the sun in the grass to get the true colors I used!

And there you have it...a super pretty, simple and fun card!
It's amazing what can be done with a great sketch and awesome supplies! i am entering this in the card sketch challenge at MFT! Come check it out!
Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. This is fantastic, Jeannine! Love the colors and all those stars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card--congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete