Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I love me a good sketch!!!

Hi there! Hope you are all having a fantastic Tuesday...the weather is not so nice here today. I took the kids to the library for crafts and to get more books to read. They each joined the reading program at the library and have a big ice cream party if they read 6 books in 6 weeks....they are almost done!!

I have 2 projects to share with you today while I am anxiously awaiting the cricut circle message board to be open!!
Here is a layout that I made using a fabulous sketch from Thoughts2Paper! I love Del's sketches, they really help me to get a layout done and pics on a page! Ok....here is the sketch

and here is what I did with it....a close up of the flower arrangement I made: I flipped the sketch and used three 4x6 photos vertically on the page, added a frame to the center photo and some ribbon. I hand stitched the flower stem using Bazzill 'In stitches' template and floss. I made the large flower by crumpling and misting a newsprint flower diecut and misting a prima flower. I made some rolled flowers using some scraps and I cut the butterfly using the 'serenade' cricut cartridge that can be found in the Thoughts2Paper store and added some sheer butterflies! I used all So Sophie papers from My Minds Eye that can also be found in the store.

Supplies used: So Sophie~thoughtful flower, ledger swirl and forever with you frame; Helmar 450 and scrapdots, Bazzill In stitches, cricut serenade cartridge, white prima flower: all can be found in the Thoughts2Paper store. Glimmer mist, sheer butterflies and ribbon from Thoughts2Paper stock.

My second project is an easel card using a sketch. I made this for the
365Cards challenge...using a sketch and white space with a Christmas theme. Here is what I did:
I got the directions for this easel card here and I made it into a 6x6 card. I embossed the red cardstock with the Emily's bouquet embossing folder and I embossed the poinsettia with the textile folder. I cut the poinsettia with my Gypsy using wanderings, I believe...lol!!
Supplies used: cardstock, Emily's bouquet and textile embossing folders, red crystals, ribbon and holiday stamp.
*(ok, so I just realized that it didn't have to be Christmas, but I was in the mood anyway...lol!!)*


2 comments:

  1. Both of these are just beautiful, love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at 365 Cards :)

    ReplyDelete