Monday, September 13, 2010

Back to School Smiles, Pictures and Projects!!

Today was the first day back to school for my kids...Samantha is a first grader and Christopher is a fourth grader!! Where does the time go, my goodness! We had an exciting morning of picking out the perfect outfit and brand new shoes, making lunches and talking! I could tell that Samantha was starting to get real nervous. We got some great pictures on the steps of the school and went in to find their class rooms! We brought Christopher up to meet his teacher and I kissed him and sent him to find his desk...he turned around, looked at me and started to cry....yes my BIG fourth grader is a mush, he said he was scared, poor baby. I kissed him and assured him that he was going to have a great day! Then we went back down to drop Samantha off and she wouldn't go in, then her friend looked up at me and he started to cry....so I brought them both in to meet their teacher! Samantha was so excited once she saw that she had her own desk with her name tag and a coloring work sheet in front of her. We kissed her goodbye and she seemed to be doing fine! Mom on the other hand left in tears with such an upset stomache..lol!! After a long summer of fun, it is time to get back into a routine and we are all looking foward to that! So here is a layout that I created to just stick their pictures in....I used Imaginisce apple cider paper and my cricut. Mickey font for the letters and Country Life for the apples!Here is my big first grader.....BTW...she is wearing her American Girl Kit outfit..she picked it out all by herself!
Here is my big fourth grader!! His taste is changing and he is gaining his own sense of style...he is not so much into polo shirts anymore, but he wanted to look nice for his first day of school!
The kids are so good to eachother and I know they will take care of eachother and smile when they pass by in the hall!My big first grader sitting at her very own desk with her work ready to go!

2 comments:

  1. Jeannine such adorable pictures. Tell them to have a good day from a teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet is that I'm glad they had a smile their first day.. I think it was harder on you then them... Grow so so fast

    ReplyDelete