Friday, November 8, 2013

Giving Thanks Tags!

I have a late post for today....had a busy day but was able to whip together some tags!  I started a tradition when the kids were real little, where we give them a gift on Thanksgiving day!  It was usually pj's for the Holiday season or a Holiday board game....they really look forward to a gift and the Macy's Day Parade on tv every Thanksgiving morning!
So, I have created some tags for their gifts....haven't picked out the perfects gifts yet. I created these for the Cardztv Go-To Galz challenge #38 "thankful". 
I cut my own tags and embossed them with the polka dots cuttlebug folder and inked the edges.....

This tag is for my daughter, I added a strip of green paper and punched the edge using a Fiskars scallop punch.  The gold swirl paper...well that's another story. I was playing around with versamark, my cuttlebug and gold embossing powder...things didn't work out so well, but I kind of liked it enough to use it and add sparkle to the tag.  I had stamped the leaves using an Inky Antics 'Squirrel' stamp and used Heidi Swapp Color Shine mists to color them (they really shimmer). I added a button and some twine and of course sprinkled some sequins on.  I stamped the sentiment and cut the edges and added a tiny heart that I used dimensional glaze on.  The sequins, twine, green paper and sentiment are from the Simon Says Stamp October card kit ( I have had a blast using that kit, I love it).

This tag is for my son!  I just added some strips of pattern paper...all from the Simon Says Stamp October card kit. I added them at a diagonal and then just trimmed the edges.  I wrapped some bakers twine and cut the little flags out and adhered them using foam tape.  I stamped the sentiment and notched the edges.  I love the simplicity of this tag with the little strip of animal paper (from Lawn Fawn) and I just know my son will love it!
So there is my nice little tags!  I had a great time creating them and I have to say that I can't get enough of the Simon Says Stamp kit.  I will be placing a huge order with them next week for sure, I totally fell in love with the Lawn Fawn stamps and matching dies!  Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment