Saturday, November 9, 2013

Mixing it up a bit.....

Good morning!
Happy Saturday!! Yay!  I won't be crafting today but  I have a birthday card to share...it was for my SIL's birthday this past week!


I had so much fun creating this card (I know I always say that lol!)  I used a 5x7 white card base and a Heidi Swapp mini hexagon mask with some Close To My Heart Olive ink and an ink dabber to apply shading from light to dark and added some to the top and bottome as well.  I added some crepe paper strips and vellum from the Dear Lizzy Neopolitan Specialty Paper pack.  I used my coluzzle heart shapes using some paper from Crate Paper and inked the edges.  I also used some Martha Stewart punched border strips...not sure of the names as I didn't keep the packaging, but it is a lace strip and then a lattice deep edge punch.  I just layered everything together.  I cut a banner strip and used silver embossing powder and some pearls.  Oh and I also used a mini heart punch and put some hearts in a few of the hexagons just to keep the eye moving!
I hope you like this sweet birthday card as much as I do!
I sure appreciate comments and feedback, so please feel free to leave them!
Thanks and have a great Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment