Monday, November 4, 2013

Nuts About You...Quilled Squirrel

Good morning!  I have had such a busy Monday morning with the kids and getting them off to school.  I did all of my morning chores and started laundry, so I thought I would post this card that I made last night!
I love to do quilling work, especially adorable little animals.  Here I quilled this adorable squirrel and used the Simon Says Stamp October 2013 card kit with a few other supplies to create my cutest card ever....well, I think it's cute!

This is a top fold A2 size card and embossed the front with a woodgrain folder and rounded the bottom edges.  I embossed the sentiment and the acorn using gold embossing powder...I love the texture on the acorn.  I made my squirrel using a "Forest Animals" quilling kit, this came together super fast and was so theraputic to make.  I used a peice of the Lawn Fawn 'Into the Woods' paper and cut the strips...the speach bubbles, the arrows and cut the triangles for the banner. I added some great Lawn Fawn 'Into the Woods' mixed sequins on the bottom just to add some bling because of the gold sentiment. I added some May Arts Natural Twine and popped up the banner pieces.   I hope you like this as much as I do.  I am entering this in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Blog challenge....Anything Goes!!  There are already a ton of entries....come check it out!

Supplies Used:
Forest Buddies - Quilled Creations kit
Simon Says Stamp October 2013 card kit
Simon Says Stamp 'Giving Thanks' stamp set
May Arts natural twine
Lawn Fawn 'Into The Woods' mixed sequins and 6x6 paper
We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomer
Cricut Cuttlebug 'Woodgrain' embossing folder
Versamark, Stampendous Gold embossing powder, foam squares, ATG

No comments:

Post a Comment