Friday, November 22, 2013

Cards For A Cause!

Good morning and TGIF!!!
About 2 weeks ago I was checking in on the Lawn Fawn blog and I saw that there was a blog hop going on...so I went to the first site and started hopping. I am so glad I did!  The lady from lingshappyplace.blogspot.com was hosting a card drive for Holiday cards to give to the eldery in nursing homes.  I thought it was so kind of her to take the time to do such a nice thing and it touched my heart. I got my kids to make some supplies one weekend and I worked on a few here and there and together we mailed in 17 cards. Thats 17 smiles that we will put on faces of people that we don't even know and will never meet...to my family that is pretty special.  I wish I could have whipped up more and honestly my kids made most of them, but we still felt good about ourselves.  So here are two of the cards that I made and I didn't get pictures of the kids because I was in a rush to get them out in the mail.

 For this card, I embossed the front with a snowlake pattern and then used a MS punch all over snowflake punch and punched a strip of three. The paper was a beautiful blue, but I guess it was too sunny and didn't take a nice picture. I added a strip of ribbon and embossed the sentiment on a tag and tied a bow.
For this card, I embossed the different snowflakes in white on white paper and then rubbed on some blue ink.  I embossed the sentiment in silver and used a MS snoflake punch and embossed the snowflake in silver as well.  I used a spellbinders die to cut the sentiment out and used a pop dot on the snowflake.
I am so happy that I came across the Caring Hearts Card Drive and was able to participate!

No comments:

Post a Comment