Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Thanksgiving Card

Hi there!
Well, 'Tis the season....for colds.  Both of my kids have been sick. My son with a terrible sinus infection (second one in 4 weeks) and strep throat and my daughter with a cold.  They have been miserable and lethargic.  Today was the first day that they were both back in school since last Friday and I was sure to pack some hand sanitizer in their bags.  I had a few hours to spare today, so my husband and I started our Christmas shopping and we had so much fun!  I love getting what I want and not paying full price for anything!
So, with all that said, I have a card to share that I made for my parents for Thanksgiving!  It was a quickie, but I think it turned out nice!
I used some cream cardstock for the base and ran the front through the cuttlebug. I used a scallop punch on the burgandy border strip and then cut a piece of burlap and fringed it.  I stamped the sentiment on cream cardstock and just folded it and notched the ends to make a flag like banner.  I used the cuttlebug quilled flower kit to make the flower and leaves and added a bronze pearl in the center.  Super fast and simple.
I am entering this card in the CARDZ TV GO-TO GALZ LINKY PARTY CHALLENGE #8 "HAPPY HARVEST" on the Cardztv blog.  I just love Mary and all of her fun cards using both the silhouette and cricut machines and her stamps are great.  Come check out the challenge!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment