Saturday, January 25, 2014

Happy Heart

Another quick post tonight before bed!  I don't usually craft at night but I wanted to try a technique that I learned from the Stenciled card class that I'm taking. 
I made my own stencil by gluing two pieces of 4x6 card stock together using the large side of the tombo glue (let dry) and a beater....then randomly placed the heart die on the paper and used my cuttlebug to cut out a bunch of hearts to create a stencil! So much fun! 

I cut a strip of cardstock about 3 x 5.5 and started coloring in the hearts without outlining them and it just gave it a sketched look...the stencil worked perfectly! I used Crayola color pencils from my sons stash...they weren't just the basic colors. They worked fine for this I thought. 

I covered the card base with the black polka dot paper and adhered little strips of scrap paper notched to a banner along the left side just randomly. I tied bakers twine around white card strip and stamped the sentiment. The heart panel is adhered with foam dots!  
I am pleased with how the card turned out and had great fun making my own stencil!
Ok that's all for tonight...time for bed!!
I'll be back tomorrow with a few more card posts!

Supplies:
MFT "You Make My Day " stamp set
Colorbok "Hopscotch" papers
Crayola colored pencils
Red bakers twine
Foam adhesive
Memento tuxedo black ink
Neenah solar white card stock
SSS heart die
Tombo mono adhesive

No comments:

Post a Comment