Sunday, January 26, 2014

You Make me Proud!

Hi there! I'm back again with another card! 
I saw that Tim Holtz released a spritzer and I immediately thought to myself...gee, I bought one of those years and years ago!  I knew exactly where it was and began creating backgrounds with it!  I don't own distress markers yet but I used it with a sharpie marker and it worked great! 
 Here you can see that it stained the stencil but I am fine with that!  I created the background just experimenting with different angles and going close to the stencil...what I got was the look of denim and I was so pleased! I love the idea if the spritzer! 
For my card, I also played with white embossing paste and another stencil "falling stars" from SSS...I masked off an area where I wanted the background to go and stenciled the hearts! So fun and what a great texture to add to any project!  I used the OWH lil hoot stamp set and colored in the bears using my Spectrum noir markers and added an action wobble! 

 I embossed the sentiment on Neenah desert storm cardstock and notched it to a banner! I also inked the edges lightly!
I think this card is adorable and will give it to my son when he finishes his midterms!! 
I am entering this card in the SSS Monday "A" challenge this week!  My "A" is for airbrush and animal! Thanks for stopping by! 

2 comments:

  1. Super cute!! Love the embossing paste stars and the striped background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very cute! Thanks for joining along with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete