Saturday, January 11, 2014

Sparkle & Shine

Good morning...well it's a little after noon!!!  I have been quite crafty lately in the midst of a chaotic new year!
Today's card was made with a few fun techniques and I love the way it all came together! It was created for the MFT sketch challenge! MFT is My Favorite Things found at mftstamps.com and it is a site that is new to me! I recently placed my first order and was pleased with the prices, the shipping, the packaging and the product! I will be ordering from they again soon! 
So here is my card:


For the pattern strips I used a Hero Arts tiny flag stamp and a technique that I learned form Nichol Magouirk's blog! I used Neenah solar white paper and clear embossed the image and then went in and masked off each diagonal row of flags and used distress inks...spun sugar, worn lipstick and fired brick! I had so much creating! 
Now for the heart....I used the MFT Die-namics Layered Heart die (the one with the pierced holes. It cut very nice and crisp! I then stamped the sentiment using MFT SDD- Celebrate life stamps...I just live the sentiments and the doodle look and was so fun to color. I used Spectrum noir markers BT5 and DR3 then added wink of Stella to the colored areas for some sparkle and shimmer! I used 4 stands of DMC red floss and the backhand stitch to stitch around the heart! I love how it turned out and was fun to make! I added some buttons (MFT blue raspberry) with wink of stella and some red sequins for sparkle! 
And there you have a fun sparkle & shine card...this can be used for Valentine's day or any other day when you want to tell someone you love them! 
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment