Sunday, May 18, 2014

Flower Power!

Good morning!
I had made this card last week and hadn't had a chance to post it as my kiddos have had numerous events and activities! As I type my 12 year old son is volunteering with the jr fire department at the Special Olympics hosted in our town! He called me not long ago and said, "Mom, it's just wonderful to see them all happy and having fun" my heart melted and he made me tear up! I'm so proud of him!
Anyway, enough mushy business!  On to the card I created!



I created this for the PTI (Papertrey ink) blog Make It Monday challenge...embossing a sentiment and using a stamped image to make that sentiment pop!  
I started with an A2 size white card base and stamped the sentiment from SSS "thinking of you" set and white heat embossed it.  Then I took a few of the flowers from the PTI "Just Smile" stamp set and some PTI ink ( Hawaiian Shores, Hibiscus Burst and Raspberry Fizz) and randomly stamped with concentration near the sentiment. I added some sequins from the PTI Shakers & Sprinkles set and some glitter with the "wink of stella" glitter pen.
I think it was a fun technique to try and can be used with various stamps and inks!  I wish I had used a bigger and bolder sentiment, but overall and am happy with this simple one layer card!
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment