Monday, May 12, 2014

Nautical Father's Day!

Hi there!  I had my son home with a nasty stomache bug after being up half the night violently ill.  So we had some craft time together and he was stamping some envelopes while I was creating this card for my FIL using this weeks MFT card sketch!  I loved this sketch and the fact that I was able to pull out some if my nautical goodies from a couple months ago!


I started with an A2 kraft card and then used kraft with the fishnet Cover -Up die-namics.  I cut an oval and inked it with tumbled glass distress ink and then cut the oval frame out of kraft and lightly inked the edges.  I used white card stock with the Making Waves die and the Sailboat dies and used distress ink to color all of the pieces.  I used fired brick, salty ocean, wild honey....I also used a confetti mask from Heidi Swapp to create some tone in tone stars.  I wanted the BG strips to match the sailboat scene so I just inked up some strips do it was a perfect match.  I used a SSS Father's Day stamp from their new release and just cut it in a banner and adhered to the front. 
I added some die cut stars in the extra colored strips to the inside of the card.  I think that about sums it up!  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment