Thursday, February 13, 2014

I only have eyes for you

Hi there!  We had another snow day today and the kids were home!  Good thing too because my daughter was running a slight fever!  We stayed in and rested!
I needed to make my husband a Valentine card and I had this card in progress for a couple days and then I saw a card that Vicky Papaioannou had made on her You tube channel and I just had to make the same card!  I hope she doesn't mind that I copied...I just loved the card!  


I started with my Lawn Fawn "Science of Love" stamps and dies.  I paper pieced the birds using a tiny polka dot pattern.  I hand cut the body and the eyeglasses...so fun! I added some liquid glass to their glasses!  I used a SSS "Giving Thanks" stamp set for the branch and just masked off one of the smaller branches.  I used my Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 8 dies to make the card base and the blue layer, then stamped the blue card with Hero Arts polka dot stamp using SSS Sea Glass ink!  I stamped the sentiment using versamark and white heat embossed it!  I used a tiny heart punch for the hearts and added them to the branch as leaves and then up in the left corner to balance out the card!  I die cut two clouds using the "Into The Woods" dies. I added foam squares to the birds and one of the clouds.  I added glitter to the birds bodies, the hearts and the clouds and l added liquid glass to the one heart I between the two birds!
I think this card is super cute and I thank Vicky for the inspiration!  I will be using these Spellbinders dies more for card bases...they are just fun and easy! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment