Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Colorful Cards!

Good morning! 
I have two very colorful cards to share today!  I am still having fun playing with different techniques from the card class that I was taking. Even though class is over we still have a week to create and post in the gallery...after that the gallery gets locked so we just can't add to it but we still get to see all the inspiration posted.  So enough rambling.....



For this card I used lots of colorful embossing powders and just cut strips of masking tape to 1/4 inch ( a trick I found is to adhere the masking tape to a piece of paper and then cut strips) and added a strip for the sentiment. The embossing powder I used is a colorful set from recollections and I don't like it much but it did the trick. I did one color at a time and heat embossed, worked much easier for me. The sentiment is from MFT "celebrate" set and I thought the large sentiment worked! 


Here I used a stencil and did clear embossing (can't see it) and then I colored in the pattern using distress inks and a blending tool.  I masked off an area for the sentiment (Avery Elle- Handwritten Notes). I was going to try the "iron-off" embossing technique but I really liked the texture and subtle shine, so I left it as is.  I cut this card to be a 4 bar card (3 7/8x5). I actually like this size card and will work with them more! 
So that's it for now! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment