Monday, March 24, 2014

Coloring Hydrangeas!!

Hi there!  I have two more cards to share using the same hydrangea stamp!  

For this card I used my new copic markers and my Spectrum Noir markers. Michaels had a BOGO 50 sale last week so I was able to pick up 4 copic sketch markers in blue tones! Yay!  I really wanted to compare them to the Spectrum Noir markers and I think I am addicted!  My husband was all set to bring me back to michaels with his wallet so I could get a bunch more markers and then the news came that my car may need a new transmition...yikes, so there went my trip!! 
Anyway for the flowers I used the Copics in B00, B21, B34 and BG70. I love how they blended. For the stem and leaves I used the Spectrum colors CG2, DG2 and DG4. I think they actually blended nice but the Copics go on like butter! 
I stamped the sentiment in a grey (and I don't know why) and it looks terrible...should have went with gold or black but I didn't want to trim the card. I added an embossed frame around the card and looks great IRL!

For this card...I white embossed the hydrangea and the sentiment (Avery Elle) and then used a new (cheap) watercolor set and just brushed it on starting at the top with a dark blue then a light blue where the flowers are then where the leaves started I used a dark green and then a light green on the bottom!  I actually love the watercolor paints that I picked up, the colors are so pretty! I rounded the top corners (which I don't like) lol and added some white enamel dots!  
I have a few more cards to post hopefully this evening!  Thanks for stopping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment