Friday, March 21, 2014

Watercolor hydrangea!

Hi there!  Can't believe another week has gone by! I had a meeting this morning and then some time to craft before the kids got home!  I created 3 cards with this hydrangea stamp (I honestly can't tell you what brand but I have had it for years)!  For this card, which is probably my favorite of all 3,  I used some TH distress markers ( broken china, stormy sky, faded jeans, forest miss and peeled paint) and colored on the stamp then gave it a few good mists of water and stamped....I was so happy with how it turned out!  I used the MS score board to emboss a frame around the panel and stamped the sentiment from MFT "you make my day" with versamark and gold embossed it! I addeded some twine (from a lawn Fawn pkg) and tied a bow! Done and super simple! 
 
The paper I used for this is a pad that I got my daughter (she wanted acrylic paints, paper, charcoal pencils and brushes) so I figured I would try it!  It is a Strathmore Mixed Media pad...I believe 140 lb and I just loved it...no warping!
So today was the last day of my on line card class and I loved it! So many fun techniques to create one layer cards! I will post throughout the week the rest of the cards that I make for class! 
Thanks for stopping by and have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment