Tuesday, March 11, 2014

You're Simply The Best.....

Hi there!  Late night post for me, was so busy today and we had such nice weather that I took the kids out to play and ride bikes....we ditched homework until after dinner! Lol!
Anyway, here is another card that I made after learning a new technique in class (CAS Cards 3)....it is a faux metal embellishment on a single layer card.  LOVE IT!  It looks great in real life, not sure the pic captures it, but oh so fun and simple.


I started with an A2 base and rounded the corners. I stamped the sentiment using Aver Elle's Handwritten notes stamp set.  I stamped the hearts around the sentiment...then for the fun!  The faux metal was created by using a mask.....I don't have masking paper so I created mine using my Cricut, George & Basic shapes cartridge and some vinyl.  The vinyl is very tacky and I didn't want it to rip the paper so I stuck it to my shirt a few times and that did the trick. I used the circle mask, versamark ink and silver embossing powder and made 4 layers...just repeating the embossing...then took the tiny heart stamp coated in versamark and when the last layer of embossing was still hot I stamped the heart into the "puddle" of  "metal" and there I have a faux metal embellishment!  I love this new technique!  Now, I didn't have any problems using the 110lb cardstock, with it seeping through to the other side, but I did have a little warping....nothing a stack of books can't fix!  I also added two other embossed hearts to make it look cohesive!
So, that is my card and I will give it to my husband, who is just always so supportive of me and just so good with the kids and helping to get them off to school when he can.  He even made potato salad today because my son said he wanted some...what a great dad! Just wanted to share....lol!  I love making cards when I know who will receive it before I make it!
Ok, so have a good night!


No comments:

Post a Comment