Monday, March 31, 2014

DIY Cover Plate....

Good morning!  Here we thought we were on our way to Spring weather and then boom....we have snow, ice and rain today! Boo hoo! However, it makes for a day to stay in do some laundry and craft! Yay!
So here is a card that I had started last week and just finished up today! 


 I got this idea to make my own cover plate using dies from last weeks PTI challenge. Betsy Veldman shared her idea on the blog using colorful arrows in her cover plate...so I kind of copied her card....
Now really the only die that I had that would work for this technique was this arrow die ( that I just bought from PTI). So I took it and ran!
I die cut the arrow (Just Smile dies) numerous times just eyeballing it each time to make three rows of arrows. Then I temporarily adhered it to the card so I could stamp the arrows and get them in the right spot. I used the Just Smile coordinating stamp set from PTI and stamped in different colors.  The inks I used are from SSS (I just won the whole set on Vicky Papaioannou's blog...thanks Vicky). I used Green Apple, Orange Peel, Island Blue, Audrey Blue and Doll Pink! 
I then used foam tape on the back of the cover plate and adhered to card base!  I used a SSS thanks die and cut it out of black card stock and glued 3 of them together and added wink of stella glitter on top and then adhered that to the front!  Super fun and I just love the simple look with the colors the white space and the pop of black! 
So, I wasn't in  Time to add it to the PTI challenge but I am glad that I finished it and I love  how it turned out!
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. OHHHHHHH! What a fab little card--- I'm loving the arrows! And the colors! Now I need to head over to Betsy's blog to check out this technique! FUN!


    THANKS for stopping by my blog and leaving me some love-- you are the BESTEST:) HUGS <3

    ReplyDelete